Hubby Speaks

Sunday, October 09, 2005

 
Importance of Having a Personal Vision
Numerous experts on leadership and personal development emphasize how vital it is for you to craft your own personal vision for your life. Warren Bennis, Stephen Covey, Peter Senge, and others point out that a powerful vision can help you succeed far beyond where you'd be without one. That vision can propel you and inspire those around you to reach their own dreams. I've learned in my own life and in working as an executive coach that if you don't identify your vision, others will plan and direct your life for you.
Use this Tool to think through and start to craft your personal vision.
Personal Vision Tool
Things I Really Enjoy Doing
What Brings Me Happiness/Joy
The Two Best Moments of My Past Week
Three Things I'd Do If I Won the Lottery
Issues or Causes I Care Deeply About
My Most Important Values
Things I Can Do at the Good-to-Excellent Level
What I'd Like to Stop Doing or Do as Little as Possible

Did any of these questions trigger some ideas about what you'd
like to be doing with your life? If so, keep thinking about the
questions and your answers, and continue your personal research.
A compelling vision can help you succeed, be more satisfied with your life,
and get the most out of your relationships.
Here's Mine
HUBBY'S PERSONAL VISION STATEMENT

To Stay in close, obedient relationship with God

To increase the level of passion, understanding, emotional,
physical, relational intimacy with Jamie.

To conduct myself in such a way that I enjoy respected, fun,
intimate relationships with my children in the present,
which promotes the same results for life.

To have control over my time and schedule.

To build great amounts of wealth properly, and used in God honoring ways.

To Create a Company of influencers. That becomes the most sought after Coaching, Motivational, analysis company in the United States.
Utilizing the most inventive, creative, tactile seminars
and personal learning environments ever experienced.

To continue having an impact on the local body of Christ,
using the gifts that God has entrusted to me.


Do I live up to every part of this every day?
No, but I keep trying.
Writing it made me think about what's most important to me.
That vision helps me to measure my behavior against those goals.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!
With Passion and Purpose,
Hubby

Comments:
Hooray! Welcome to Blogdom.
I love your first post. Your goals are noble and attainable. I support you as you strive to reach them. I will have to mull those questions over and define my goals more clearly.
We miss you and look forward to seeing you again on Monday. Love, hugs and kisses...
 
Lofty goals, indeed! You must have a wonderful and supportive wife!!
 
Hi,
Just visiting via Jamie's blog.

Your vision tool is certainly thought provoking. Answers right off the top of my head show me that I'm an impossibly dull person, a plodder, a leaf on the stream of life. That explains a lot. I need to be more active and less reactive.

Thanks for the tips.

I'll check into your blog more often now that I know it's here.
 
WC: When we market Moon on a Stick, I'll send you several of them in all different colors and sizes.
-----------------------
Things I Really Enjoy Doing/What Brings Me Happiness/Joy: Spending time with my family, Going on trips, Getting massages, Writing/Blogging, (Singing used to be and will be when my voice is well.)
The Two Best Moments of My Past Week: Watching Boston Legal with Courtney, Taylor sang me a song he made up
Three Things I'd Do If I Won the Lottery: Pay cash for a house, Give money to my family members and friends, Go to a spa for a month
Issues or Causes I Care Deeply About: cancer, war on terror, harsher sentences for child abusers
My Most Important Values: loving my family, kindness
Things I Can Do at the Good-to-Excellent Level: Write, teach, organize, plan, befriend others, cook
What I'd Like to Stop Doing or Do as Little as Possible: worry about stuff
 
Back for a return comment:

Sunday morning my wife and I read your vixion tools and used your blog as a springboard to talk about our own vision statement and goals for about three hours. We skipped church to do so and we feel it was valuable time well spent.

Thanks.

PS: I posted a link to your site in my blog this morning.
 
Nice to meet you, Mr. Jamie Dawn. I like Senge's thinking a lot. The Fifth Discipline is one of my favorite business/systems books.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

2005-10-09   2005-10-16   2005-10-23   2005-10-30   2005-11-06   2005-11-13   2005-11-20  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?